Sign up for our email newsletters to find out what's going on at The Montfort School
The course of study for Standards III to X is based on the Syllabus prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu. It emphasis on Scholastic and Co-Scholastic areas including Cultural activities.
1.English :Prose, Poetry, Grammar and Composition
2.Languages :Tamil, Hindi* and French
* We prepare the students for the Prathmic and the Madhayama examinations.
3. Mathematics:Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, (IX & X) Trigonometry
4. Science:III to V Elementary Science and Nature Study
VI to X Physics, Chemistry, Botany & Zoology
5. Social Science:History, Geography and Civics
6. Computer Science:III – VII: History of Computers–Application of Computers–LOGO–Introduction to BASIC and Programming.
VIII-XII: Number System–BASIC–MS OFFICE–Internet Applications–WindowsXP–Linux–Visual Basic– C– C++ programming–Star Office–Logic Circuit & HTML–Graphic Utilities
7. Moral Instruction /Religious Instruction
8. Physical Education : Theory & Practical
9. Art:Silhouette, Collage and Craft work.
10. General Knowledge: Related to all subjects
11. Music*: III to IX Theory of Music (Scales, Time signature,Grouping of notes, intervals, Triads, Italian words)Individual and Group singing
* Students are also prepared in Theory and Practical for the Trinity College Examinations in Music, London.
12. Current Affairs:Information encompassing all that is happening through out the world and beyond in all fields of knowledge & learning.
13. Yoga:Basic principles, Theory and Practical
Groups offered at the Higher Secondary Level: ( for boys and girl students)
Group No. 103 : Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics
Group No. 102 : Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science
Group No. 308 : Commerce, Accountancy, Economics, Business Mathematics
Group No. 302: Commerce, Accountancy, Economics, Computer Science
Medium of Instruction : English