Montfort Anglo-Indian Higher Secondary School is a residential institution with a glorious history dating back to 1 June 1917. The history of Montfort School is in essence a cyclic poem written by time on the memory of Brothers, staff, students, parents, and everyone associated with it: a history of vision, ideas, and hard work of its pioneers and their successors. The school had a very modest start with three pioneers from France: Bro. Omer, Director, Bro. Henry Gabriel and Bro. Stanislaus. Soon Bro. Omer had to join the armed forces in his country, and hence Bro. Eugene became the school's established founder, and served Montfort for over 30 years. 'Bro. Eugene Memorial' is an eternal tribute in remembrance of Montfort's 'Man of Destiny'! Initially, Montfort was a European School founded during World War I, under uncertain circumstances. From uncertainty, today it has reached great heights of certainty, thanks to the toil and labour of all concerned. Beginning with George Spitteler, the first student to be registered at Montfort on 1.6.1917, every Montfortian continues to build its glorious history, fashioning "enduring links of one long chain". The period between 1936 and 1942 was glorious in the history of Montfort, with Bro Eugene Mary as the Principal and Bro. Eleazar as the Vice-Principal – the former planted, the latter watered and God nurtured. It was during this period that the school chapel was built and consecrated. In 1975, a property named 'Mayfield' was purchased and buildings were constructed to start the higher secondary classes. Today a new institution christened as "Deshayes Mount School" is functioning in these buildings; it follows the ICSE syllabus. "Deshayes" is a French word and is the surname of Gabriel Deshayes, a priest considered as the second founder of the Montfort Brothers. "Deshayes" being a French word, please take care to pronounce it as DHÉ YÉ. In June 2002, six girl students were admitted to the higher secondary classes as day scholars. From the academic year 2003-2004, separate boarding facility was made available to girl students. This boarding is called Marie Louise Trichet (MLT) Home and it is situated at Carmel Lynne on Lechler Road. The property was acquired in December 2002 from Mrs. Macedo. Sr. Marie Louise Trichet was closely associated with the Montfort Brothers at the time of their founding three centuries ago. In March 2004, "Bonnie Nestie Cottage" abutting MLT was purchased from Mrs. & Mr. Purushotham. In April 2007 was acquired "The Melrose", a bungalow adjacent to MLT that belonged to late Mr. CE. H. Gunter. The three properties together provide 3.5 acres of land with three bungalows, which is sufficient to accommodate about 100 girl students. They have separate playfields, a large indoor games hall, beautiful gardens and orchards. In 2007 girl students were admitted to the junior section, that is, from Std. III to Std. VII. Montfort thereafter became a full fledged co-educational institution.
In September 2003, the Centenary of the arrival of the Montfort Brothers to India was celebrated with grandeur. The then Defence Minister of India landed by air touching our school playground. The presence of eminent personalities, Superiors, Past Principals, Old Students, Parents and well wishers made this occasion solemn and memorable. Montfort can boast and be proud of its various facilities scattered all over its sprawling campus. To keep pace with the growth and development of Montfort, 'A multipurpose indoor facility' to seat more than 3500 persons with a large built-up area is nearing completion. This mammoth project called 'Millennium Project' will be of international standards. Montfort has produced numerous outstanding personalities in all walks of life - Leaders, Soldiers, Battle Heroes, Freedom-Fighters, Ambassadors, Politicians, Priests, Bishops, Sportsmen, Olympians, Entrepreneurs, Social Workers, Research Scholars, Scientists and Nation Builders. She has withstood the test of time and shadow of changes for nearly a century and is proudly galloping towards a new realm of excellence in the Third Millennium with 'Virtue and Labour' and 'Heaven for her guide'. We will touch a milestone in education celebrating the Centenary of this institution shortly.